Recipes from the World – from Jamaica
Jamaican Mango Smoothie
- 2 ripe mangos
- 2 oranges
- 2 cups yogurt (plain or flavored – vanilla or orange are both good)
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1⁄4 cup dark rum (optional)
- 10 ice cubes
- A dash of ground nutmeg
- A dash of ground cinnamon
- Peel the mango and dice into ice cube sized chunks. Place in a plastic bag and freeze for an hour.
- Remove the mango chunks from the freezer and place in a blender container.
- Add yogurt, honey, ice cubes and rum (if you’re using it).
- Juice the oranges (with a juicer or by squeezing) and pour juice and pulp into the blender.
- Blend on high for about 1 minute or until smooth. Add the nutmeg and cinnamon on top. Stir.
- Divide into glasses and garnish with spears of mango or thin slices of orange.